Homey, warm and delicious, this seafood souffle is sure to delight. Your fish fillet becomes more festive with this preparation and the caviar on top gives it that extra wow factor.
1 fish fillet 300g (10 oz.)
1 yellow onion
1 cup of cream
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons of salmon caviar
1 glass of brandy/cognac
1 lemon, juiced
- Dice the onion. Put oil into a frying pan and fry the onion on medium heat until opaque.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Cut the fish into slices. Add to the frying pan with the onion.
- Reduce the heat and add cognac, lemon juice, spices and half of the cream.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Remove the contents of the frying pan and put it into a blender. Blend until smooth. Add the eggs and blend again.
- Put the mixture into molds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the soufflés are baking, prepare the sauce. Evaporate the cream over on low heat and add the caviar.
- Remove the soufflés from the oven and pour the sauce over then. Serve immediately.