For a lighter, more refreshing take on the traditional mayonnaise-based seafood salad, this salad is ideal for warmer weather. Complete with fresh fruit and crunchy garnish, enjoy this salad in the summer or year round.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
2-3 tablespoons of cocktail shrimp
1 tablespoon of red caviar
2 cups of lettuce
1 slice of melon
100 g (3.5 oz) of lightly salted salmon (or trout)
Coconut flakes or sesame seeds
- Wash the lettuce, dry it and cut into thin ribbons.
- Cut the melon into small cubes.
- Cut the fish into strips.
- In a bowl, combine the lettuce, melon and fish.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Sprinkle red caviar on top of the salad to garnish. For extra texture, add lightly toasted sesame seeds or dried coconut flakes.